This site is UNDER CONSTRUCTION... but feel free to use it!
Just enter the number of miles you drove, and the number of miles left on battery power. And the cost of electricity/gas, if needed (and kWh per charge, if you aren't using a Volt). The site will figure out everything else.
|Estimated Miles per Charge (range):|| |
|Percent of Battery Used:|| |
|kWh Used:|| |
|Trip Cost:|| |
|MPG to Match*:|| |
- * MPG to Match is the MPG a gas car would need to have in order for the gas used on the trip to cost the same as the electricity the EV car did. This changes as the price of gas and electricity change.
- * MPGe is the equivalent MPG, based on the EPA's value of 33.7kWh per gallon of gas. This is the same regardless of the price of gas or electricity.
- Volt has EPA of 36/37 kWh/100mi, 35 mile range (95/90 MPGe). kWh per charge of 12.76kWh.
- Leaf has EPA of 32/37 kWh/100mi, 73 mile range (106/92MPGe). kWh per charge of 25.00kWh.
- SMART fortwo (Cabriolet or Coupe) has EPA of 36/43 kWh/100mi, 63 mile range (94/79MPGe). kWh per charge of 24.66kWh.
- 'kWh per charge' data is what EPA appears to use to determine range. We take 55% of the city kWh and 45% of the highway kWh/100 mi, and multiply by the range, and divide by 100.
A page showing a Couple Chevy Volt Trips, complete with a map and data (the page was automatically generated from data from the Volt OBD2/CAN bus).
An earlier page showing a trip on the hilly Kancamagus Highway in New Hampshire, showing data as you 'mouse over' segments. The segments are color-coded by efficiency.
There is also another version with points instead of segments.
The Chevy Volt OBD2 CAN Data page, with some details on the Volt OBD2 CAN data and what it can be used for.
A program to record data from the Volt OBD2 CAN bus.
A program to analyze and playback data recorded from the Volt OBD2 CAN bus.
(C) Copyright 2011-2012 EVtools.info